Tuesday 26 May 2009

Duck, asparagus & white bean mash

This looks much fancier than it was. Amazing what a difference peeling the asparagus spears makes to your presentation!

Boneless duck breasts, slashed on the skin side, 7 minutes a side in a hot pan (skin side down first). Drain off the fat and allow the duck to rest, deglaze the pan with a splash of red wine.

A can of cannelini beans, drained and well-rinsed, mashed in a pot with a fork, seasoned with some olive oil, chopped garlic and dry rosemary.

Asparagus, zapped in the microwave, a spoonful of bought bearnaise sauce.

Very easy, very delicious, very impressive looking.

6 comments:

HH said...

Oh sounds and looks great FC! I (again shamefully) have never cooked duck, though I think my families tastes are too narrow to enjoy it.

Sam said...

I've never cooked duck before, I have bad memories of some that my Dad cooked years ago, it was really greasy and chewy. I do like duck when it's cooked well though, like in Chinese restaurants.

Do you have any tips for cooking the perfect duck?

Heather said...

i love duck. it's one of my favorite meats! and the white bean mash sounds delish!

Marie said...

Never mashed cannellini beans before. Of course, now that I read about your version, it's like "why haven't I done that already?!" That whole plate sounds delicious!

Alicia Foodycat said...

HH - really? Make them order it in a restaurant first.

Sam - the key is cooking the hell out of the skin and going a bit easier on the meat.

Heather - mine too.

Marie - white bean mash is wonderful. Particularly with something meaty like tuna.

Deb in Hawaii said...

Yum--it all looks amazing. I love duck and asparagus and the white bean mash sounds yummy too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...