Monday 18 May 2009

Amanda's Artichoke Bread

When I saw this recipe over at Joie de vivre, I knew I had to make it. What could be more perfect than crusty bread filled with hot melty cheese and artichoke hearts?

Inevitable tweaking - I hollowed out my loaf, filled it with an uncooked mixture of reduced fat sour cream, mozzarella, parmesan, garlic and chopped artichoke hearts, then wrapped it in foil and put it on the barbecue alongside some nice thick beef burgers.

I should have cooked it for longer - I didn't quite get the ooziness of cheese that I was after - but the flavours were just lovely, and as an accompaniment to the burgers, topped with onion marmelade, it was just wonderful. Made it look as though I had put in much more effort than I actually had!

Definitely one to do again.

10 comments:

HH said...

Oh sounds delicious and deceptive effort is always a good thing!

kat said...

A good take on a favorite dip. I like the idea of doing it on the grill

Heather said...

It still looks and sounds amazing. I love bread with a gooey surprise. :)

Alicia Foodycat said...

HH - definitely worth a try!

Kat - I have seen references to this artichoke dip, but it isn't something I have tried. Hot dips aren't really an Australian thing.

Heather - thanks! Gooey cheese is always good!

Sam said...

Oh that sounds good, really really good!

Teresa Cordero Cordell said...

What a tasty outdoor dish to have this time of year. That onion relish topping off your burgers looks scrumptious. And the bread?! I have got to try that one. Sounds yummy. Great job.

Alicia Foodycat said...

Sam - definitely worth a try!

Teresa - thank you, lovely!

Stacey said...

That bread looks so delicious!

Rachel said...

Oh man, that sounds good. Maybe that would make a gluten-free loaf more crusty if I did this. Artichoke cheesy dip in the middle certainly would improve just about any bread.

Alicia Foodycat said...

Stacey - thanks, it was!

Rachel - it'd have to help, I think!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...