Thursday 25 December 2014

Merry Christmas - sgroppino al ciliegia


My last Christmassy cocktail is a festive take on the Italian sgroppino - prosecco with lemon sorbet. It uses some of the boozy cherries I preserved in the summer, but at this time of year boozy fruit seems quite easily available. And by tomorrow it should be heavily discounted.

Sgroppino al Ciliegia (with apologies to the Italians if I've got the gender of the words confused)

For each glass:

1 scoop Black Vanilla black cherry sorbetto
2-3 boozy cherries
Dry sparkling wine

Place the sorbetto and boozy cherries in a glass and carefully top up with the sparkling wine.

I hope all my readers have a very merry Christmas, in whatever form they celebrate it.

2 comments:

leaf (the indolent cook) said...

Simple and yet so magical. Sounds beautifully refreshing. Merry Christmas!

grace said...

cherries are easily in my top five favorite fruits, and when you add booze to the mix, well, watch out. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...