Wednesday 24 December 2014

Sausage, roast squash and chestnut salad for IHCC potluck

Pot Luck Badge
The picture ain't pretty, but this warm salad from Diana Henry was a very tasty dish! I didn't have any leftover roast pork, so I used extra sausages. And I simplified the method a little bit, starting the squash off in the oven, and then adding the apples, chestnuts and sausages, roasting it all together before tossing it through the leaves and dressing.

It's definitely one to keep in mind if you have leftover pork after Christmas! And a perfect potluck dish for this week's IHCC.

6 comments:

Deb in Hawaii said...

The picture looks pretty to me! ;-) Definitely makes me want a plate of this salad. I love the combination of flavors going on and the roasting of all of those goodies.

Merry Christmas Alicia! ;-)

Zosia said...

The dish is beautifully colourful and the balsamic-mustard dressing sounds fantastic with those ingredients!

ostwestwind said...

I think this salad is just for my palate. Happy New Year!

Kim said...

I'm with Deb. I think it looks beautiful. Sausage and butternut squash is a fantastic combination. I imagine it was very satisfying and quite comforting. Seems like the perfect winter meal.

kitchen flavours said...

Your salad looks really yummy! And the picture is perfect, makes me want to dig right into that plate! Looks very, very appetizing!
Happy New Year!

Couscous & Consciousness said...

The picture sure looks good enough to eat to me. Great combination of ingredients, and a great way to use up some leftovers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...