Thursday 12 November 2009

Spaghetti Squash Bolognaise

After my spelt and squash risotto for Cook the Books, I had half a cooked spaghetti squash leftover. So later that week I took some of my roasted tomato sauce from the freezer and made a thick, meaty pasta sauce (adding an aubergine that had seen better days). When the sauce was cooked, I shredded the spaghetti squash flesh into it with a fork and let it simmer a couple of minutes to reheat. The sauce doesn't soak into the squash in the way it does to pasta, but for a lighter, low-carb option, it was very tasty!

7 comments:

kat said...

Great use of leftovers!

George Gaston said...

Simple, but very satisfying! I'd love this for lunch right now.

Deb in Hawaii said...

I just bought a spaghetti squash this week to make. This looks delicious!

Alicia Foodycat said...

Kat - thanks!

George - come to think of it, so would I!

Deb - I am going to have to get them more regularly, I think!

NKP said...

I just love spaghetti squash - great idea to use it as... spaghetti!

Laurie said...

You've been cooking up a yummy storm over there! Love the spaghetti squash and the meatless Monday dinner.

Your green tomato relish looks fabulous. We put our green tomatoes in a cardboard box in our pantry along with one banana and they actually ripened! They didn't taste as good as the ones that ripened on the vine, but they were still better than the grocery store tomatoes.

Alicia Foodycat said...

Natashya - I think next time I had a spaghetti squash I'll try a carbonara!

Laurie - these tomatoes weren't quite mature enough to ripen nicely.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...