Thursday 9 August 2012

Spring vegetable stew


This is basically Jamie Oliver's vignole recipe, adapted to what I had in the fridge at the time. So with baby turnips and bacon, but without artichokes, leeks, proscuitto and chard.

It was very, very good. But I think it is safe to say that the artichokes and leeks would have made it infinitely better. I don't mind a baby turnip from time to time but there was too much turnip on this plate. We just had it with some sourdough toast to mop up the juices.

5 comments:

Joanne said...

I can't wait to make this next spring!! It looks so refreshingly delicious.

Heather S-G said...

Mmmm...simple delights. Sourdough to mop up juice? Oh. Yes.

Hotly Spiced said...

That is a really beautiful looking Spring dish. I love the colours and I'm sure the flavours are wonderful xx

Unknown said...

I love peas, love green and love everything about this dish! I would probably not share this with my family :)

Simona Carini said...

I like the bright green of this dish. I understand your point about leeks and artichokes: I am a leek fanatic.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...