Tuesday, 14 February 2012

Spaghetti and Meatballs

... with a twist. These aren't meat, they are tuna polpette. Based on Jamie Oliver's recipe, but pared back a bit. Mine didn't have pine nuts (after Paul's bout of pine mouth last year, we've pretty much gone off them), or cinnamon and I used 2 cans of tuna, rather than chopping up fresh.

Served with spaghetti, they made a wonderful meal, packed with fresh flavour.

I am sharing these with Presto Pasta Nights, hosted this week by Jamie of Cookin' with Moxie.

8 comments:

hungryandfrozen said...

Delicious! I like the idea of meatballs using something other than beef.

Joanne said...

Tuna in meatballs? That's new to me!

Simona said...

I had never heard of pine mouth. I hope he's completely recovered. Interesting idea to make tunaballs.

Shu Han said...

tunaballs! yum! definitely a nice twist on the usual spag and meatballs!

Ruth Daniels said...

It looks wonderful and I particularly like the idea of tricking my Honey into eating fish! Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights.

C said...

Love the idea of these, and interesting to know that they still work with tinned tuna. I had thought that you would need fresh tuna to help them bind, but perhaps the egg does that here.

Foodycat said...

Laura - they were very successful!

Joanne - tasty though.

Simona - it seems to be common with Chinese pine-nuts, not so much with European ones.

Shu Han - thank you!

Ruth - thank you!

C - combination of egg and breadcrumbs was enough to hold them together.

Dharm said...

Cheat Cheat! Tuna cant be meatballs!! Cheat Cheat!! LOL! Great Idea actually using Tuna instead of beef. I must try that sometime too. This looks really delish!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...