Wednesday 22 April 2009

Prawn & cashew spring rolls

This was supposed to just be a light snack - but it ended up being a bit more substantial so we didn't end up having the main course! It's a big cop-out really, lots of bits from the supermarket thrown together to be greater than the sum of their parts. These would be great for a summer lunch party.

Prawn & Cashew Rice Paper Rolls

1 packet cooked king prawns in chilli and coriander
1/2 pack roasted cashews
1 bunch coriander
1 bunch basil
10 rounds of rice paper

Put the prawns in a bowl, chop roughly together the herbs and cashews and add to the prawns. One at a time, soak the rice paper rounds in a bowl of warm water, put a couple of tablespoons of the prawn mixture on one end and roll up firmly. Serve with dipping sauce.

Vietnamese Dipping Sauce (from Bill Granger)

2 tbs hoi sin sauce
1 tbs balsamic vinegar
2 tbs soy sauce
a couple of drips of roasted sesame oil

Mix all the ingredients in a ramekin.

14 comments:

hungryandfrozen said...

These sound so good! I love rice paper rolls and I bet the cashews would have been delicious in this. Sometimes I like to bake the rice paper rolls for about ten minutes, makes them deliciously crispy.

NKP said...

I LOVE these spring rolls, they are my favourite kind of food.. ok, I have a few favourites... but these are so good.

Alicia Foodycat said...

Laura - I really like the idea of baking them!

Natashya - I think fingerfood is one of the essential food groups.

kat said...

YUm, I could definitely make a meal of these

Heather said...

mmm. i need to try making my own spring rolls.

Heather said...

The best part about making salad rolls is that by the time you get everything assembled, they just crank right out and pretty soon you have a whole sh**load of yummy, healthy rolls.

Alicia Foodycat said...

Kat - I think with a bit of salad they'd be a great meal.

Heather - these fresh ones are SO easy!

VoodooHeather - exactly. You get in a rhythm and there you are!

HH said...

They sound wonderful FC!! The cashew would have been wonderful I imagine!

Sam said...

These look so much nicer than normal spring rolls!

Alicia Foodycat said...

HH - I thought the cashew was pretty inspired myself!

Sam - the Vietnamese style are much nicer! So fresh and flavoursome.

Esi said...

These look great! I am sure if you cut them up they would be a nice party appetizer too.

A-Mao said...

As for the sauce, I also recommend 1 tbs fish sauce, 1 tbs black rice vinegar & 2 tbs soy sauce.

Alicia Foodycat said...

Esi - you are right! Great party food.

264 - that is my husband's favourite dipping sauce, but I am out of the vinegar!

Unknown said...

these rolls looking so much delicious,if you are foodie then come here and try some dish with family members.

Notes : Prawn Spring Rolls Products ,Butterfly Shrimps products,aqua shop in India

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...