Tuesday 25 November 2014

November Potluck at IHCC

This week's I Heart Cooking Clubs theme was pretty easy - Potluck! Every month you get to make whatever you want from whichever featured chef you want. And as it happened I had a dish in reserve.

I first made Diana Henry's radicchio and red onions with white bean puree back in August when I first got A Change of Appetite. I'd loved the sweet bursts of the red grapes I'd added to it back then, so this time I achieved a similar effect with quartered ripe figs. We had it with some wild boar sausages and it was a wonderful combination!

Having sausages with it made it a pretty substantial meal, so I ended up with a portion of the radicchio and red onion mixture left over. I heated it through with some pieces of pancetta and a spoonful of creme fraiche and used it as a sauce for pasta. Very pretty and very delicious.

10 comments:

Barbara said...

Both dishes look like winners to me. Super way to turn your "leftovers" into a wholesome meal.

Deb in Hawaii said...

Definitely marking this one to try and I love that you used it as a pasta sauce--yum! ;-)

Joanne said...

I love how you repurposed part of one meal for another! Sounds like both were delicious.

Alicia Foodycat said...

Barbara - I love repurposing leftovers!

Deb - the combination of bitter leaves and sweet onions with the bean puree is so good!

Joanne - thanks! They really were good.

Zosia said...

Both dishes look delicious. Great idea to combine the radicchio with something sweet (especially grapes).

kitchen flavours said...

Both the dishes looks wonderful! The sauce looks delicious, this pasta dish is one that my kids would really enjoy!

grace said...

both of these pretty much epitomize comfort food for me. yum and yum!

Alicia Foodycat said...

Zosia - the radicchio and grapes is wonderful!

KF - your kids like radicchio? That's fantastic! I only warmed to it as an adult.

Grace - anything with pasta or sausage is heaven!

Unknown said...

Alicia, I love how creative you are with your dish and can transform the leftovers for another dish. With the sausages, I can definitely see it as a whole complete meal that is filling enough. I'm sure there's nothing left after dinner :)

Couscous & Consciousness said...

This nearly made me swoon. The combination of radicchio and figs sounds wonderful, especially as a side to sausages. Radicchio is seldom available here, and hideously expensive when it is, but I think I'd push the boat out to try this dish. Love the way you used the leftovers too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...