Monday 24 November 2014

Meat-free Monday: Greek-ish cheese & sweet potato pie

Ready to bake
 This is a hybrid of two other dishes - Lisa the Cookwitch's aubergine & halloumi bake and Jess's sweet potato crusted quiche.

I used Lisa's filling recipe almost as written, although I found a lone and tired spring onion in the veg drawer, so I chopped that up and added it, and I didn't use as much cheddar because I eye-balled it and thought I had enough filling. And I used 3 large-ish sweet potatoes for the crust.

The very interesting thing about the filling, I thought, was that the grated halloumi sort of re-formed after melting and recaptured the squeaky quality that is so appealing. And it tasted lovely - the sweetness of the crust worked beautifully against the little bursts of sultana and the salty cheese.


4 comments:

Pam said...

This looks and sounds good. I'm always on the look-out for meat-free dishes. Thanks.

Lisa Cookwitch said...

So glad you liked it!

grace said...

reformed halloumi shouldn't sound as amazing as it does. :)

Alicia Foodycat said...

Pam - really tasty! Definitely give it a go

Lisa - loved it and will make it again

Grace - it is definitely amazing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...