Saturday 16 March 2013

Lamb kofta wraps


This isn't so much a recipe as the assembling of three different recipes - the pita, the kofta and the salad. But they do work very well together. Soft, fluffy but flexible fresh pita, spicy little lamb kofta and a roast cauliflower and feta salad were just made to be together.

The salad was based on this one, but I sprinkled the cauliflower and tomatoes with a little balsamic when it came out of the oven, and then tossed them and the feta through some salad leaves with a little mulberry molasses. It was a great way to use up some cauliflower.

Then for the kofta I followed this recipe. Although I didn't have any mint leaves and I only did a half quantity and I used gran luchito for the chilli paste.

The pita was just my usual 220g strong white flour, 30g rye flour, 1 sachet yeast, salt, olive oil and water mixture. I had the dough ready to go when I started to fry the kofta, and cooked the pita while the kofta cooked. So it was all ready at the same time and was just perfect.

An excellent sandwich to send to Deb for Souper (soup, salad and sammy) Sunday.SouperSundays


3 comments:

Joanne said...

I love it when multi-part recipes like this come together so beautifully! Sounds delicious!

Couscous & Consciousness said...

I am totally hooked on the roasted cauliflower, tomato and feta salad and I haven't even tried it yet. But one thing's for sure I will be making it this week and I know I will love it. Thanks for sharing it.

Deb in Hawaii said...

There are some recipes that truly make me crave eating meat again and this is one of them. ;-) Love the feta salad with the roasted cauliflower in andwich--yum! Thanks for sharing with Souper Sundays.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...