For this year's hot cross buns, I followed the same recipe as last year. Only change was a couple of chopped up dried apricots, because I didn't have quite enough dried cherries.
I wanted my crosses to be a pretty shade of pink, but my colouring paste does RED or nothing, so the icing crosses are a bit on the lurid side.
This year I found the dough to be unworkably sticky and I ended up having to add quite a lot of extra flour, so I think next year I will start with 1/2 cup milk, and add more if it seems dry.
Have a lovely Easter everyone! This 4 day weekend business is wonderful - it feels like a proper break. And Paul is home, so that is nice too!