Monday 31 March 2014

Spiced lamb & lentils

This is basically this Nigel Slater recipe. Although with a different ratio of lentils to meat. I'm not sure why they called the recipe "spiced", when it didn't have any spice in it, until you got to the suggested variations, but I thought spices sounded like a good idea. I added grated ginger and some cumin, coriander and turmeric to the lentils. I didn't have cream but I did have coconut cream, so I added a 50g sachet of that towards the end with some garam masala. A very low-effort and delicious meal.

7 comments:

Bettina Douglas said...

I like the look of that! I am thinking ras al hanout to spice the lentils with.

grace said...

one could do worse than to lay upon a bed of cooked lentils. :)

Barbara said...

Strange the word included spiced when it wasn't. I do like your choices of spice additions, though. And I love lentils to begin with.

Joanne said...

The spices that you added sound perfect!

Amy said...

I love the lentils and I bet the lamb paired perfectly in this dish.

Joyti said...

Maybe the lamb is supposed to be rubbed with some spice? The dish sounds great - especially the creamy, spinachy lentils. Yum!

Nancy said...

Ah, two of my favourite foods: lamb and lentils. The dish looks delicious!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...