Wednesday 23 December 2009

Red Velvet Cupcakes

I tried a couple of other recipes, in preparation for The Hurricane's birthday party, but I ended up back with Paula Deen's red velvet cupcakes. I increased the cocoa powder to 1 heaped tablespoon per batch and decreased the oil to 1 cup. They came out beautifully! Tender, a good flavour and they turned out of the moulds very obediently.

I drizzled them with melted white chocolate and dusted with edible red glitter. I think the party is sure to be a success!

11 comments:

HH said...

Beautiful FC!! I am just completing my order form now.

NKP said...

They look great! Have a wonderful time.

Arlene Delloro said...

I have never ever made red velvet anything...and I don't know why! Those cupcakes will surely made for a great party, Foodycat.

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

I love red velvet cake and these cupcakes are wonderful. perfect with the white icing

Deb in Hawaii said...

Gorgeous--what a treat and perfect for a party!

Anonymous said...

They are stunning with the icing.

mscrankypants said...

HH, after seeing the photo I wouldn't rely on Fat Couriers getting the delivery to your door *hic*.

They look superb, Foodcat.

Alicia Foodycat said...

HH - I'm afraid I won't be making rash promises like that again!

Natashya - I hear the party went well, but it was 30 5 year olds, so I went elsewhere!

Arlene - I'm not sure that I am a total convert, but they were quite good.

AYOTG - am I forgiven for the beetroot then?

Deb - thanks. The edible glitter is great!

Comfy - thank you!

Cranky - Fat Couriers are very unreliable!

Esi said...

Cupcakes are the best and easiest way to enjoy red velvet. Perfect. Happy Holidays :)

kat said...

Paula Deens' red velvet cupcake recipe is my favorite!

Alicia Foodycat said...

Esi - Merry Christmas!

Kat - it is a very good recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...