Friday 4 January 2008

Langoustine Linguine

After our New Year's Eve meal, my husband started to get ideas about what to do with the rest of the langoustines. He'd envisaged a version of the garlic soup as a sauce for pasta, but I went in a slightly simplified direction.

Some good (Carluccio's) squid ink linguine, langoustines with olive oil (for the burn point) and some cherry tomatoes and a pile of sliced garlic, black pepper and a big pat of posh French butter. The almost-cooked pasta was tossed through the sauce and soaked up the sauce just how I planned. The only thing I would have had in a perfect world is just a few snipped chives for colour. A glass of cava on the side and it was a perfect Friday night supper.

1 comment:

lapetitepipistrelle said...

YUM! What an entry! What an entrée!

O squid ink pasta, how I ♥ thee!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...