Monday 7 July 2014

Meat-free Monday - eggs, peas and feta

I saw a picture on pinterest, of a dish similar to this, but the link didn't work and my google-fu let me down. So I made up my own version. It has several of your so-called five-a-day and is utterly delicious and satisfying.

Spread a bag of washed baby spinach leaves on a wide, microwave safe plate and zap for a minute, just to wilt it a little.

Top with a finely sliced spring onion, 80g each of shelled edamame, sugar snaps and peas, cooked until just tender and drained thoroughly. Sprinkle with 50g cubed feta (or, in this case, reduced-fat Greek-style "salad cheese"), boiled eggs and 1tbs balsamic vinegar. Season with freshly ground black pepper.

SouperSundays it's one for Deb's Souper (soup salad and sammie) Sunday.

4 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

This is so fresh and delicious! The eggs are cooked to perfection.

grace said...

yummy eggs! i've never eaten peas with eggs, though it sounds marvelous!

Deb in Hawaii said...

I realized that I never made it back to comment while I was on my trip. I love this salad--that combination of feta and egg on top makes me happy. ;-) Thanks for sharing it with Souper Sundays!

Simona Carini said...

Sounds quite good. And I like the egg on top.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...