Saturday 14 January 2017

Pear and blue cheese crostini

There isn't a lot that I can recommend about Paul being away. I like having him around. Urchin likes having him around. But one food thing I really quite like and he really doesn't is fruit in savoury stuff. I have been taking advantage of his absence to indulge.

This was my lunch today - toast rubbed with garlic, smeared with a soft blue cheese, then topped with pears poached in red wine, caramelised walnuts and balsamic pearls. And very nice it was too.

3 comments:

grace said...

i'm the same way--i hate when my husband is travelling, but the silver lining is that i get to eat whatever i want! :) this combo looks great to me.

Barbara said...

I'd adore a lunch like that...nothing better than pears with blue cheese...especially with a few toasted walnuts on top!

KR said...

my favourite mix sweet and salty: cheese and pears :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...