Saturday 7 March 2015

A heavenly scented kedgeree for IHCC


We're eating a lot of Indian food at the moment. The complex fragrances and spicing are a bit addictive, and it's such a rich cuisine that as soon as I get a bit of a handle on one dish, I find out about six more that I want to try. When I saw that the theme for this week's I Heart Cooking Clubs was Heaven Scent: Diana Henry dishes that are aromatic and heavenly smelling, I had to go with something with curry spices.

This kedgeree is a fancier variation on the Anglo-Indian classic, with a crisp fried onion garnish and smoked salmon and cream for a bit of luxury and richness. I didn't have any smoked salmon or cream, but I did have a tub of 50/50 crab meat (half white meat and half brown) so I stirred that in right at the end to do the same job of adding richness. We had it for dinner, not brunch, but I think it would be good at any time of the day.




8 comments:

Suelle said...

Did you make a quarter of the recipe for the two of you? It looks very rich, but sounds delicious.

Deb in Hawaii said...

I have been wanting to make Diana's kedgeree. Your version looks wonderful--crab is a great substitution--very luxurious. ;-)

kitchen flavours said...

Looks delicious! One-pot rice dishes is my favourite. Using crabmeat sounds wonderful. This is the kinda meal that I would love having any night of the week!

Kim said...

I love that you had Indian food in mind when thinking of heavenly scented dishes!Indian food is some of the most delicious and perfectly spiced food one can indulge in. It's certainly a delight to the senses. This dish looks like it accomplishes all those things and, as Deb said, the crab is a luxurious addition. Wonderful dish!

Joyce Rachel Lee said...

Wow Alicia, this dish sounds and looks so fabulous. I'd love to have dinner with you. :)

Zosia said...

"Heaven scent" indeed with all of those wonderfully aromatic spices. The addition of crab sounds delicious!

grace said...

i don't care for turmeric or curry, so i don't eat much indian food. i like your use of crab though!

Simona Carini said...

Looks beautiful. This dish is on my to-try list and your post reminded me of that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...