Wednesday 7 November 2012

Presto Pasta Nights #289 - prawn & 'nduja fusilli lunghi

Fusilli Lunghi is my new favourite pasta shape
My love affair with 'nduja persists. The heat and rich porkyness of it is totally irresistable to me. And the way it melts as soon as it gets warm means you can make an almost instant sauce.

I boiled my pasta - fusilli lunghi, spaghetti-length curly tubes - and in the few moments while it drained I melted a 100g chunk of nduja in the pot with a packet of large, peeled, raw prawns and a punnet of halved cherry tomatoes. Then I tossed the pasta back through it. Incredibly speedy and an extraordinary amount of flavour for so few ingredients.

Just the thing for the penultimate Presto Pasta Nights this week. It's being hosted by Kirsten at From Kirsten's Kitchen To Yours, as ever under the auspices of Ruth at Once Upon A Feast. Now I just have to come up with something amazing for the very last one.

7 comments:

Anne said...

Its silly but I just love the word nduja ! The pasta looks yum!

Ruth Daniels said...

It does have me drooling and I'm so glad you shared it with Presto Pasta Night this week. I can't wait to see what you come up with for next week's final Presto Pasta Night ever.

Esi said...

Oh wow, I love the combination of meat and seafood in this pasta.

Alicia Foodycat said...

Anne - it is a great word, isn't it?

Ruth - oh I have a plan!

Esi - it's really spicy too. Delicious!

Couscous & Consciousness said...

Oh yum - fusili lunghi is one of my favourite pasta shapes too. I can't get nduja here, but I'm guessing some nice chunks of pancetta or even chorizo would work well here as a sub.

Simona Carini said...

That's a beautiful plate, Alicia. 'Nduja reminds me of my first taste of Calabria: sardella (a spicy spread made with baby anchovies and red peppers, also called “Calabrian caviar”). Have I made you curious?

Angie's Recipes said...

That's a bowl of comfort and deliciousness!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...